Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Caution: Picture Overload :)



Today I am thankful for the beauty that surrounds us here in Utah. We often take for granted the things we see everyday...like the awesome mountains...so it was nice today to go up the canyon and be apart of the beauty for awhile. I'm also thankful for the super fun day I spent with my kiddies. Brian left for his backpacking trip today so we thought we needed to go have some fun as well. :) (NOT that I personally would classify a backpacking trip as "fun" but Brian seems to think so.) :)



So we stopped at Costco and got our all day fun passes and headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird.

This is the view from the parking lot...doesn't get much better than this!!!


Nick getting ready to do the bungee trampoline.


Hailey got some big air with those bungee cords!!

Nick getting ready to go down the zip line. It shut down for 10 minutes before this for lightening so it was a little nerve wracking to be back up there trying to beat the storm even though they told us we were clear to go since they hadn't seen any more lightening for 10 minutes.



Hailey being strapped in.

The view from the top of the zip line. My fear of heights started kicking in but I pushed through since the kids had gone ahead of me so it was either zip down or walk down...I chose to zip. :)
They really should warn you more about the abrupt stop at the end but it was very fun!!
The door opening as Hailey's about to shoot out.

About 10 minutes after we finished up with the zip line the rain started to pour. It was the perfect time to break for lunch so we ran into this restaurant with the most incredible views.





The rain stopped near the end of our lunch and by the time we paid the bill and came back outside they were just opening up the bungee trampolines again...couldn't have been better timing. This is Hailey doing a back flip...they got pretty good at that.

Nick doing his back flip.

Hailey loves the rockwall!!! Nick doesn't so he chose to sit out this one...this time.

Riding the chairlift back up for the Alpine Slide.



Getting their sleds ready to slide down the mountain. This was my favorite activity!!!!








Hailey on the ropes course. She hadn't done anything like this before and absolutely loved it.

Nick also loved the ropes course. He started out a little hesitant but by the end he was cruising around without a problem.





The little critters are very people-friendly there since they're so used to them. They obviously like Cheetos's too.


The 2nd time we went over to the rock wall Nick actually tried it. He did pretty good but he still says it's not his thing.

Hailey's a little monkey on that wall.

Near the end of the day I decided I was going to face my fear of heights yet again and get up on that ropes course. I did ask the worker if anyone had ever been paralyzed by fear and had to be rescued off it and he said, "Actually yes". Hmmmm...I guess I was hoping he would say, "No, it's really not that bad." Honesty is overrated. Hahaha. But I actually did it. Very slowly but I did it. Nick went around the course about 8 times in the amount of time it took me to go through it once but that's okay...I did it!!!
So I then decided to go for the gusto and get on that bungee trampoline as well. That might've been my biggest mistake of the day. Haha That harness could not be more flattering...NOT...and more comfortable...NOT!!!!

This is Nick's shot of me doing my one back flip I did...I think I pulled every muscle doing it. I keep forgetting I'm old!

It was a very fun, beautiful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a super fun day! And I love how much you have been blogging lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed several posts, but here is my overall impression: Utah is vacationland. I thought that when I only saw Nick on the golf course and was viewing those bike paths. But this last weekend? WOW! One beautiful alpine view after another. This is where people would want to fly to for their time off.

    Congratulations on facing your fear, Julie. Amazing. Your kids are such little athletes.

    ReplyDelete