Sunday, July 25, 2010

More Biking

When we first decided we were going to do the "Bike the Bear" 50 mile ride this summer I had serious concerns about participating. After my ride a few weeks ago where I was literally throwing up in the weeds I was ready to inflict an injury on myself in order to get out of it with a good reason. :) But after our ride this week I'm actually feeling a tad optimistic that maybe I can do this. Nick and I rode 25 miles on the Jordan Parkway Trail and it actually felt pretty good.

I did have a minor dog incident along the trail that nearly caused me to go flying over my handle bars. A big dog decided he wanted to run along beside me for a while and then suddenly cut right in front of me to head back the other way. I slammed on the breaks and braced for impact but when I opened my eyes he was safely heading the other direction. It'll be a miracle if I survive all the animals along this path.

I brought my camera along this time to take pictures of snakes, skunks, etc and didn't see any so I just took a picture of the path. :)

I took this picture of Nick while I was still riding...just aiming the camera behind me. I was pretty impressed that he is actually in the shot and that I didn't wreck. :)


1 comment:

  1. don't you know this is what happens when you're prepared???

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete