Monday, January 5, 2009

A Few Highlights from 2008

Thank you so much for the comments on the first post. How fun!!


Well as most of us do at the beginning of a New Year I've been reflecting back on the year that just ended. Since my old computer crashed in December and I had to buy a new one, I just downloaded all my pictures from last year onto this new computer. So I thought I'd share a few highlights from the year. These pictures were supposed to be in reverse order going from the beginning of the year to the end, but they didn't drop in that way and I don't know how to change them. :-)





Brian and I went on our first Caribbean Cruise this year. We went for our anniversary with 2 other couples and had a blast!! As I'm typing this it's a blizzard of snow outside my window and I'm REALLY wishing we were back on that beach! We are very grateful for grandparents who love our kids and helped us with them while we were gone!

Hailey had her first piano recital this year and it took every once of courage she could muster to participate in this. But she learned that feeling your heart beat out of your chest doesn't actually kill you. :-)


Nick turned 11 this last year and he had a Fear Factor birthday party...those are brownies with plastic bugs all over them for his cake for the party. Some of the challenges were a "goldfish transfer" where they had to transfer with their bare hands as many live goldfish they could from one bucket to another in 60 seconds; a fish tank full of plastics bugs and a thousand live crickets and they had to put their hand in and pull out as many plastic bugs as they could in 30 seconds, and other fun eating & gross challenges.



The kids and I tried to follow Brian's running example and we ran the 5k for Lehi City Days. Nick and I ran another 5k in Alpine a few weeks later...Hailey decided running wasn't her thing. :-)



Nick received his Arrow of Light Scouting Award.



Hailey turned 9 and she had a Survivor Themed birthday party. We divided up in two teams and had several eating and relay type challenges. The team that won got to extinguish the other teams torch at the end.



Brian ran his first full marathon this year (after several 1/2 marathons) and finished in 4:09. His goal was to finish in under 4 hours so even though he was happy to have finished, he's signed up for it again this year to try to reach his goal. Crazy man!!!



This is my favorite thing I received this year...even though I had to give it back. :-) Nick took his basketball trophy and drew the picture he taped to the top of it (supposed to be me) and wrote on the paper he taped to the bottom "Award for being the best mom." He left this on my nightstand for me to find when I went to bed. So sweet!!!



Brian's 1/2 marathon in Moab...we always look forward to spending the weekend in Moab every March...Brian runs then we spend the weekend hiking and hanging out. Unfortunately he didn't get drawn in the lottery to run this race this year so we're going to miss it for the 1st time in several years.



Bryson turned 15 last year...at this point we had about 1 year till he started driving...now we have about 2 months...AAAAWWWWWW



Our generous neighbors gave Brian and I 2nd row Jazz tickets and I was so caught up in taking pictures and listening to the coaches talk to the players I forgot to watch the game. :-)


We always go to the BYU football games and after the season we got to meet a lot of the players. Nick and Hailey are with Harvey Unga in this picture...one of our favorite players.

So, those are some of the highlights of 2008. I can't believe another year has passed. My mother was right when she said the older you get the faster the years go by!!!!!





























































1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you'll be like me and always check for comments.. They make me so darn happy! I have the same problem with pictures, and have learned to just put them in in reverse order.. My brain has a hard time with this.. :) Adi did go to school today.. very congested, but no goopy, pink eyes.. I had to let her, she cried in bed worrying she wouldn't be able to go..

    ReplyDelete