Sunday, January 4, 2009

We'll Give This A Try...

I've never really considered starting a blog because I wasn't sure what I had to share that would be any different from what everyone else is sharing. How interesting really is my life? But then the thought came to my mind that "it's okay to be ordinary". I've always heard that acts of "heroism" are ordinary people doing extra-ordinary things and even though I have yet to be a hero of any kind...other than maybe to my kids by getting them a Wii for Christmas...I am just fine being "ordinary". I have a wonderful husband and family that I love, I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for, I have a part-time job that I thoroughly enjoy and allows me to be home with my kids before and after school, and I am surrounded by great neighbors...what more can a person ask for? But even at that I have the normal ups and downs that we face in this life and therefore why not share with friends and family who can share my joy in the "ups" and lend support in the "downs" through my very own blog. :-)
We had a great Christmas and it was especially nice to have Bryson (my stepson) spend it with us. It's been a couple years since we've had him for Christmas so we were very happy about that.



We had a lot of fun taking pictures for our Christmas Card!

Temple Square with friends


Opening presents with cousins



New jammies and blankets for Christmas












5 comments:

  1. Okay, I will be the FIRST to comment on your blog...WOW...you finally did it!! way to go. EVERYONE's life is ordinary, AND spectacular at the same time..don't ever forget it! :-) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and will stop by often. Great pictures - they're always my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and will be checking back often. Your pictures are super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when I called you to ask for a mom story about a time you were ready to lose your mind? And you gave me one I hung onto to get me through Libby's earlier years? Being in the trenches of motherhood is anything but boring to another mom, isn't that true? Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I was so very excited! We will probably keep in touch now! (I keep tabs on people so much better this way!)
    Poor Adi has been DYING for school to restart, and has double pinkeye.. Not a happy morning..

    ReplyDelete